Man killed in Brattleboro crashAugust 06,2013Man killed in
BRATTLEBORO — Police say a 51-year-old Wilmington man has died of injuries suffered in a weekend crash in the Vermont town of Brattleboro that followed a police chase.
Brattleboro police say Robert Avallone was airlifted to the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center following the Saturday morning crash on Route 9.
Another occupant of the car, 38-year-old Jennifer Flagg, also of Wilmington, was airlifted to the Albany Medical Center where she is reported to be in stable condition.
Police say the car Avallone and Flagg were in refused to stop for police early Saturday. Police broke off the pursuit because of the speed the vehicle reached.
It was later discovered the car had crashed.
Police are continuing to investigate the circumstances of the crash.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Highway Trust Fund bill passage Vt. projects are moving forward, about 20 state inmates are seeking clemency through new federal standards and search is on to find temporary member for State Colleges Board of Trustees.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.