Man killed in Brattleboro crashAugust 06,2013Man killed in
BRATTLEBORO — Police say a 51-year-old Wilmington man has died of injuries suffered in a weekend crash in the Vermont town of Brattleboro that followed a police chase.
Brattleboro police say Robert Avallone was airlifted to the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center following the Saturday morning crash on Route 9.
Another occupant of the car, 38-year-old Jennifer Flagg, also of Wilmington, was airlifted to the Albany Medical Center where she is reported to be in stable condition.
Police say the car Avallone and Flagg were in refused to stop for police early Saturday. Police broke off the pursuit because of the speed the vehicle reached.
It was later discovered the car had crashed.
Police are continuing to investigate the circumstances of the crash.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.