Youth group finds home in WindsorAugust 06,2013Youth group finds
home in Windsor
WINDSOR — A Vermont youth organization created a decade ago finally has a permanent home.
The Youth Managed Cafe was started in 2003 in White River Junction by a school clinician and a clothing store owner. It started out by getting kids ages 12 to 21 to music shows and art workshops, and evolved to focus on giving young people a place to hang out, free of drugs and alcohol, and give back to their community.
But it never had a permanent location until now. The Valley News reported that the organization’s “802 Lounge” will open Friday in Windsor, in a building that has housed a grocery store, bank and beauty salon over the years.MORE IN This Just InThe man charged in a hit-and-run crash that killed a pedestrian in Killington early Sunday... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation