Military families invited to poolAugust 06,2013Military families invited to pool
Area military families are invited to a meet-and-greet pool party, from 6 to 8 p.m. Aug. 23 at White Pool in Rutland.
The event — hosted by the Rutland Regional Team of Operation: Military Kids, a University of Vermont Extension 4-H program — will include swimming, games, dinner and a back-to-school-themed raffle.
All military kids who sign up by Aug. 20 will receive a “Hero Pack”, designed to help them stay connected with their parent during the current reintegration period. The backpacks are filled by nonmilitary youth and community groups with items such as a disposable camera, photo album and a written note of appreciation.
To RSVP for this event, call Heather Fredritz at 345-8190. Anyone needing a disability-related accommodation to participate can call Stephanie Atwood at 656-0346 by Monday. For more information, visit www.facebook.com/OMKVermont.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.