GMP plans more solarAugust 06,2013GMP plans more solar
A Green Mountain Power maintenance facility will house the utility’s next solar project.
GMP announced Monday that they would install rooftop solar generators on the Green Hill Lane property.
The building is located between the sewer plant and property owned by Casella Waste Systems and holds GMP’s transformer shop, substation workers and a diesel generator used during high-demand periods. The roof is expected to hold solar collectors with a total capacity of 75 kilowatts.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 497 BC, first Saturnalia festival celebrated in Rome, Scandinavians retain 'Yule Goat' as symbol of season, Krampus, evil side of holiday cheer, terrorizes children into better behavior, more advice from Christopher Hitchens.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 533 AD, Byzantine Emperor Justinian I gets the old empire back together again routing the Vandals from Carthage; in 1890, Lakota Chief Sitting Bull is killed at his home in South Dakota; in 1970, Soviets land probe on Venus.
- DUANE CARLETON: Rutland Herald Events Editor George Nostrand interviews musician Duane Carleton, whose new CD 'A GIRL LIKE THAT' drops Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, and will be celebrated that evening with a show at 9:30 p.m. at Killington's Pickle Barrel.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Sigisimund, king of Hungary, creates Order of the Dragon to defend the West against Ottoman Turks; Chong Ho escorts 300 virgins to China; J. Bruce Ismay born this day, built Titanic, gets free trip, does not go down with the ship.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Storm takes out power for 60,000 Vermonters; state gets $33M to fund pre-K education; Springfield board OKs fund to demolish blighted buildings, voters have final say; George Nostrand runs down coming events.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1041, adopted son of Empress Zoe Porphyrogenita of Byzantium succeeds to throne of Eastern Roman Empire; in 1907, English medical students riot over anti-vivisection statue of little brown dog in Battersea, London.