Shumlin reappoints Rutland woman to commissionAugust 19,2013Staff Report
Governor Peter Shumlin has reappointed Jennie Gartner of Rutland to serve a second term on the Vermont Commission on Women.
Gartner, a social studies teacher at Rutland High School, holds a BS in Journalism from Boston University and a M.Ed in Secondary Education from UMass-Boston. She is a past participant in the Teaching American History program at Castleton State College, and the lead faculty advisor to the Gay/Straight Alliance at Rutland High School.
Gartner would like to focus on the issue of expanding vocational educational opportunities for Vermont’s young women and invites Rutland area residents to contact her about issues they face at firstname.lastname@example.org.MORE IN This Just InThink of Saturdayís event as a classier and much more fun version of Black Friday. Full StoryComments Of Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt. Full StoryBURLINGTON - Vermont prosecutors and defense attorneys are in talks to settle charges filed... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation