Veterans home passes inspectionAugust 19,2013Staff Report
BENNINGTON — The Vermont Veterans Home has passed an inspection by agents of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and is no longer in danger of losing its certification to receive Medicare and Medicaid funding, according to the home’s administrator Melissa Jackson.
A number of deficiencies had been identified at the home in recent months and it was scheduled to lose its ability to accept Medicare and Medicaid, its main source of funding, on Aug. 26.
On Aug. 8, Sen. Bernard Sanders, I-Vt., hosted a meeting in Montpelier which brought together members of the administration of Gov. Peter Shumlin, administrators, employees from the home and CMS to look at ways to prevent an interruption in the home’s funding.MORE IN This Just InBELLOWS FALLS - A government merger between the village of Bellows Falls and the town of... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation