NJ man charged with showing fake badge in Vt.The Associated Press | August 19,2013HARTLAND - Vermont State Police say a man involved in a traffic accident in Hartland attempted to leave the scene by flagging down drivers, showing a fake badge and saying he was a New Jersey police officer.
Police arrested 41-year-old Scott Taylor of East Hanover, N.J., on Saturday on charges of DUI, leaving the scene of an accident, false information and impersonating an officer. It wasn't immediately known if he had a lawyer.
The accident happened on Route 4 in Hartland.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation