Louise M. BoyntonAugust 21,2013Louise M. Boynton
CHITTENDEN — Louise Mary Boynton, 92, died Aug. 16, 2013, in Belleview, Fla.
She was born March 13, 1921, in Chittenden, the daughter of Frank and Catherine Greeno.
She was an original member of the Chittenden Fire Department Auxiliary, St. Anne Society and the Women of the Moose, Chapter 1142.
Survivors include a son, Donald Boynton of Chittenden; three daughters, Sondra Philburt of Rutland Town, Elaine Brinton of Belleview, Fla., and Gwen Racine of Chittenden; 10 grandchildren, 17 great-grandchildren, and three great-great-grandchildren; and a sister, Helen Fowler of Pittsford.
She was predeceased by her husband, Dutch Boynton; two sons, Ralph and Wayne; a grandson, Robbie; and a brother, Curtis.
Burial will be in Horton Cemetery in Chittenden, at a later date.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Belleview Rescue Squad, 55th Avenue Road, Belleview, FL 34420.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.