Louise M. BoyntonAugust 21,2013Louise M. Boynton
CHITTENDEN — Louise Mary Boynton, 92, died Aug. 16, 2013, in Belleview, Fla.
She was born March 13, 1921, in Chittenden, the daughter of Frank and Catherine Greeno.
She was an original member of the Chittenden Fire Department Auxiliary, St. Anne Society and the Women of the Moose, Chapter 1142.
Survivors include a son, Donald Boynton of Chittenden; three daughters, Sondra Philburt of Rutland Town, Elaine Brinton of Belleview, Fla., and Gwen Racine of Chittenden; 10 grandchildren, 17 great-grandchildren, and three great-great-grandchildren; and a sister, Helen Fowler of Pittsford.
She was predeceased by her husband, Dutch Boynton; two sons, Ralph and Wayne; a grandson, Robbie; and a brother, Curtis.
Burial will be in Horton Cemetery in Chittenden, at a later date.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Belleview Rescue Squad, 55th Avenue Road, Belleview, FL 34420.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.