Louise M. BoyntonAugust 21,2013Louise M. Boynton
CHITTENDEN — Louise Mary Boynton, 92, died Aug. 16, 2013, in Belleview, Fla.
She was born March 13, 1921, in Chittenden, the daughter of Frank and Catherine Greeno.
She was an original member of the Chittenden Fire Department Auxiliary, St. Anne Society and the Women of the Moose, Chapter 1142.
Survivors include a son, Donald Boynton of Chittenden; three daughters, Sondra Philburt of Rutland Town, Elaine Brinton of Belleview, Fla., and Gwen Racine of Chittenden; 10 grandchildren, 17 great-grandchildren, and three great-great-grandchildren; and a sister, Helen Fowler of Pittsford.
She was predeceased by her husband, Dutch Boynton; two sons, Ralph and Wayne; a grandson, Robbie; and a brother, Curtis.
Burial will be in Horton Cemetery in Chittenden, at a later date.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Belleview Rescue Squad, 55th Avenue Road, Belleview, FL 34420.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.