Lawsuit filed in worker fall deathThe Associated Press | August 22,2013NORTH HAVERHIL - A lawsuit has been filed against Dartmouth College and several contractors on behalf of a construction worker who died in a fall last year while helping to renovate the Hanover Inn.
The Grafton Superior Court lawsuit alleges the defendants showed gross indifference for industry safety standards. Fifty-three-year-old Dana Lowe of Morrisville, Vt., died after he was knocked off a hydraulic lift by a weight attached to a crane cable and fell into a pile of steel beams.
The Valley News reported that the lawsuit says the crane operator wasn't able to see the area in which the crane was swinging. It says Dartmouth was aware of the danger and could've prevented the operator from working blindly if it had been set up in a different location.
Dartmouth declined to comment.MORE IN This Just InThe man charged in a hit-and-run crash that killed a pedestrian in Killington early Sunday... Full StoryAfter Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday, most shoppers have a head start on... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation