Frankenreiter plays SaturdayAugust 22,2013‘Cooler’ concerts
wrap up Saturday
KILLINGTON — Hawaii-based singer/songwriter Donavon Frankenreiter will close out the “Cooler in the Mountains” concert series with a performance from 3:30 to 6 p.m. Saturday at Killington Resort.
Frankenreiter’s soft-rock music emanates from his California roots and surfing career. A protégé of Jack Johnson, Frankenreiter has released nine albums since 2000, including “Start Livin’” in 2012. Frankenreiter will be joined by opening act the Pullmen, who describe their music as “western thrash.”
The all-ages concert — held at Killington Resort’s K-1 Lodge — is free and open to the public. For more information, visit discoverkillington.com or www.facebook.com/DiscoverKillington.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.