Frankenreiter plays SaturdayAugust 22,2013‘Cooler’ concerts
wrap up Saturday
KILLINGTON — Hawaii-based singer/songwriter Donavon Frankenreiter will close out the “Cooler in the Mountains” concert series with a performance from 3:30 to 6 p.m. Saturday at Killington Resort.
Frankenreiter’s soft-rock music emanates from his California roots and surfing career. A protégé of Jack Johnson, Frankenreiter has released nine albums since 2000, including “Start Livin’” in 2012. Frankenreiter will be joined by opening act the Pullmen, who describe their music as “western thrash.”
The all-ages concert — held at Killington Resort’s K-1 Lodge — is free and open to the public. For more information, visit discoverkillington.com or www.facebook.com/DiscoverKillington.MORE IN This Just InGMP to host talk on energy sources Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.