Poker tournament benefits cheerleadersAugust 22,2013Poker tournament
NORTH CLARENDON — Residents are invited to try their luck for a good cause in a poker tournament at 7 p.m. Friday at the North Clarendon Grange.
The Texas Hold ’em tournament will raise money for five members of Mill River Union High School’s cheerleading team — Mal Allen, Annie Cotrupi, Kassidi Goodell, Brianna Howard and Hannah Turgeon — to travel to New York City and participate in Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
The tournament will also help pay for cheerleader Torri Hixon to travel with the Universal Cheerleaders Association’s All-American Cheerleading Squad to participate in the 2014 London New Year’s Day Parade, the largest of its kind in Europe.
A $60 buy-in earns 2,000 chips, with additional buys available within the first hour. Free food and a 50/50 raffle are available.MORE IN This Just InThink of Saturday’s event as a classier and much more fun version of Black Friday. Full StoryComments Of Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt. Full StoryBURLINGTON - Vermont prosecutors and defense attorneys are in talks to settle charges filed... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation