Poker tournament benefits cheerleadersAugust 22,2013Poker tournament
NORTH CLARENDON — Residents are invited to try their luck for a good cause in a poker tournament at 7 p.m. Friday at the North Clarendon Grange.
The Texas Hold ’em tournament will raise money for five members of Mill River Union High School’s cheerleading team — Mal Allen, Annie Cotrupi, Kassidi Goodell, Brianna Howard and Hannah Turgeon — to travel to New York City and participate in Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
The tournament will also help pay for cheerleader Torri Hixon to travel with the Universal Cheerleaders Association’s All-American Cheerleading Squad to participate in the 2014 London New Year’s Day Parade, the largest of its kind in Europe.
A $60 buy-in earns 2,000 chips, with additional buys available within the first hour. Free food and a 50/50 raffle are available.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.