Drug suspect faces new charge of assaultAugust 22,2013WHITE RIVER JUNCTION — A Springfield man awaiting trial on heroin-dealing charges was back in court this week after police said he choked a teenage girl.
Dylan Davis, 21, pleaded innocent Tuesday in White River Junction criminal court to domestic assault and interference with access to emergency services for the incident Monday.
He also denied three more charges from an unrelated incident in June — operating a car without the owner’s consent, gross negligent operation and violating his conditions of release. Davis was ordered by the court not to contact or harass the girl, then was held for lack of $2,500 bail.
Last fall Davis pleaded innocent to three felony counts alleging he repeatedly sold heroin to police informants. He was accused of making deliveries on his bicycle or conducting sales from his bedroom in his parent’s house in Springfield.
It was at that house where police said Davis became irate Monday when he could not find some of his money and accused the teenage girl of not helping him to find it, according to a police affidavit. Family members and a friend who witnessed the incident told police that Davis flipped over a table and threw the telephone against a picture frame, breaking the phone, before pushing the girl onto a couch and choking her.MORE IN This Just InSpringfield residents approved town and school budgets in balloting Tuesday. Full StoryBrandon residents approved all money items in voting Tuesday, including the town and school budgets. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1843, British Naval officer GEORGE LORD PAULET obtains provisional cession of Hawaiian Islands; 1866, miners claim Calaveras skull found found in goldmine is remains of 5 million-year-old Pliocene man.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown