Drug suspect faces new charge of assaultAugust 22,2013WHITE RIVER JUNCTION — A Springfield man awaiting trial on heroin-dealing charges was back in court this week after police said he choked a teenage girl.
Dylan Davis, 21, pleaded innocent Tuesday in White River Junction criminal court to domestic assault and interference with access to emergency services for the incident Monday.
He also denied three more charges from an unrelated incident in June — operating a car without the owner’s consent, gross negligent operation and violating his conditions of release. Davis was ordered by the court not to contact or harass the girl, then was held for lack of $2,500 bail.
Last fall Davis pleaded innocent to three felony counts alleging he repeatedly sold heroin to police informants. He was accused of making deliveries on his bicycle or conducting sales from his bedroom in his parent’s house in Springfield.
It was at that house where police said Davis became irate Monday when he could not find some of his money and accused the teenage girl of not helping him to find it, according to a police affidavit. Family members and a friend who witnessed the incident told police that Davis flipped over a table and threw the telephone against a picture frame, breaking the phone, before pushing the girl onto a couch and choking her.MORE IN This Just InSki area operators in Vermont and across northern New England were giddy Wednesday at the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.