Two men in critical condition after crash with truckAugust 26,2013By Christian Avard
LUDLOW — Two men from Chester were in critical condition today after their drift trikes crashed head-on into a Ludlow teenager's truck the day before.
According to Paul Faenza of the Ludlow Police, Tim Riley, 47, and Chris Chico, 25, both of Chester, sustained multiple broken bones and internal injuries Sunday when they drifted into the opposite lane and crashed into a truck driven by Matthew Devereux, 17, of Ludlow
Devereux was traveling north on Okemo Mountain Road and did not see Riley or Chico, he told police. Riley and Chico were flown to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center where they remain in critical condition.
No charges will be filed against anyone involved in the crash Faenza said.
Drift trikes are three-wheeled bicycles with low-riding seats and long frames.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.