Two men in critical condition after crash with truckAugust 26,2013By Christian Avard
LUDLOW — Two men from Chester were in critical condition today after their drift trikes crashed head-on into a Ludlow teenager's truck the day before.
According to Paul Faenza of the Ludlow Police, Tim Riley, 47, and Chris Chico, 25, both of Chester, sustained multiple broken bones and internal injuries Sunday when they drifted into the opposite lane and crashed into a truck driven by Matthew Devereux, 17, of Ludlow
Devereux was traveling north on Okemo Mountain Road and did not see Riley or Chico, he told police. Riley and Chico were flown to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center where they remain in critical condition.
No charges will be filed against anyone involved in the crash Faenza said.
Drift trikes are three-wheeled bicycles with low-riding seats and long frames.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Nelson Mandela on the primacy of teaching love over hate.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.