Plein Air painting event in GraftonAugust 26,2013Painting event set in Grafton
GRAFTON — The Windmill Hill Pinnacle Association is holding a special Plein Air painting event in Grafton on Sept. 8.
The event requires pre-registration. It will be held from 1 to 3:30 p.m. on Ledge Road Brook.
The Ledge Brook area is part of the Pinnacle Association’s newest long section in its almost 20-mile trail system, which runs from Athens to Grafton.
Sections of the trail can be viewed via downloadable maps at www.windmillhillpinnacle.org.
Because of the transportation requirements, pre-registration is required. Artists interested should contact Camilla Roberts at 869-1388, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Pinnacle Association will provide a vehicle and driver to transport the artists’ supplies to the Ledge Road Brook area.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Gen. Wm. T. Sherman concludes March to the Sea, secures Savannah, Ga., offers the city as Christmas gift to Pres. Lincoln; N.Y.'s Lincoln Tunnel opens in 1937; first gorilla born in captivity, Colo, celebrates 58th birthday today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Gas Systems puts Phase 2 on hold as the latest estimate for Phase 1 takes a 27 percent leap upward, to a total of $157 million; U.S. Attorney Tristram Coffin quits for job with private firm; police cite man in pot bust.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Christmas bombing of North Vietnam ordered by President Richard Nixon, most lethal strikes of the war; in 1989, U.S. invades Panama to depose, arrest and charge Gen. Manuel Noriega with drug trafficking, racketeering.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Gov. Peter Shumlin announces demise of his single-payer health insurance initiative; convicted first-degree murderer Alan Prue sentenced to 50 years for killing teacher Melissa Jenkins; veterans chafed about park naming snub.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 497 BC, first Saturnalia festival celebrated in Rome, Scandinavians retain 'Yule Goat' as symbol of season, Krampus, evil side of holiday cheer, terrorizes children into better behavior, more advice from Christopher Hitchens.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 533 AD, Byzantine Emperor Justinian I gets the old empire back together again routing the Vandals from Carthage; in 1890, Lakota Chief Sitting Bull is killed at his home in South Dakota; in 1970, Soviets land probe on Venus.