Plein Air painting event in GraftonAugust 26,2013Painting event set in Grafton
GRAFTON — The Windmill Hill Pinnacle Association is holding a special Plein Air painting event in Grafton on Sept. 8.
The event requires pre-registration. It will be held from 1 to 3:30 p.m. on Ledge Road Brook.
The Ledge Brook area is part of the Pinnacle Association’s newest long section in its almost 20-mile trail system, which runs from Athens to Grafton.
Sections of the trail can be viewed via downloadable maps at www.windmillhillpinnacle.org.
Because of the transportation requirements, pre-registration is required. Artists interested should contact Camilla Roberts at 869-1388, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Pinnacle Association will provide a vehicle and driver to transport the artists’ supplies to the Ledge Road Brook area.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.