Vt. man killed in motorcycle crashAugust 26,2013WINCHESTER, N.H. — A Vermont man is dead after a motorcycle crash in the New Hampshire town of Winchester.
Police said 26-year-old Kenneth A. Brace of Brattleboro was pronounced dead at the scene Friday afternoon. Authorities say he lost control of the motorcycle and crashed into a utility pole and stone wall in the village of Ashuelot.
The Brattleboro Reformer reported that police said Brace was wearing a helmet and do not believe speed was a factor in the crash.MORE IN This Just InHalloween is here and with it comes the excuse to binge on candy corn until you enter a... Full StoryWhen the building on West Street formerly home to a bar called “The Office” received ... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.