Three-alarm blaze breaks out at home in WindsorAugust 29,2013
Firefighters pour water on a house fire at 201 Main St. in Windsor today.Firefighters are on the scene of a three-alarm blaze at a home in Windsor.
Smoke could be seen billowing out of the second-floor windows of the two-story home at 201 Main St.
Officials said no one was home at the time the blaze was reported around 10 a.m.
No injuries have been reported. Firefighters from Windsor, Hartland, West Windsor, Ascutney, Weathersfield, Reading, Cornish, N.H. and Claremont, N.H., responded to scene.MORE IN This Just InRICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: 2nd president John Adams signs Sedition Act on this day in 1798 providing jail time for criticizing the government; Jerry Rubin, co-creator of the Yippies, American activist, political theorist, businessman, born this day in 1938. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott uploads astronomic, historic and epigrammatic content... Full StoryDede Cummings’ first question arose when she discovered that tickets for the Dalai Lama’s 2012... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Founding father and 2nd president John Adams signs Sedition Act on this day in 1798 providing jail time for criticizing the government; Benjamin Franklin's grandson and namesake dies in jail, for satirizing the president.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.