THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
BURLINGTON — Teachers in the Burlington School District have agreed to a three-year contract that provides annual raises averaging 4 percent.
The Burlington Education Association, which represents about 375 teachers, ratified the agreement Friday, and the district announced the agreement Tuesday.
The contract does not change teachers’ health insurance contributions of 15 percent of the premium.
According to the district, Burlington teachers’ pay scales ranked seventh or lower among Chittenden County districts before the new contract. At the end of three years, Burlington is expected to move up to fifth place.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation