Man helping after fire faces theft chargeStaff Report | September 01,2013WILMINGTON — A local man is accused of robbing his sister as he helped her clean up after a house fire.
July 21, a fire damaged the Route 112 home of Dawn Meacham. According to police, after the fire was put out, Meacham had members of her family help clean up the house, including her brother, Michael G. Squires, 20, of Wilmington.
Police said Squires stole numerous items that day, and later returned to the house to steal a pair of deer antlers.
Police charged Squires with burglary and lying to police. He is scheduled to answer those charges Oct. 29 in Brattleboro criminal court.
The case is under investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call State Trooper Nader Hashim at 254-2382.MORE IN This Just InSunday evening, Grace Church initially felt and looked like a festive community celebration with... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation