Judge orders streaker evaluationSeptember 02,2013Judge orders streaker evaluation
BRATTLEBORO — A 26-year-old New Hampshire man charged with running naked through a small Vermont village has agreed to undergo a mental competency evaluation.
Dylan Gingues, of Enfield, N.H., was arrested Thursday by Bellows Falls police for allegedly showing up naked at gas stations and convenience stores and near the Bellows Falls Central Elementary School, causing the school go into lockdown briefly.
At his arraignment Friday, Gingues first refused to enter a Brattleboro courtroom unless he could do so naked. But he ended up appearing in the courtroom in what appeared to be a police rain jacket.
The Eagle Times in Claremont, N.H., reports that Gingues is facing similar charges in Grafton County, N.H., for appearing naked in public.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.