Judge orders streaker evaluationSeptember 02,2013Judge orders streaker evaluation
BRATTLEBORO — A 26-year-old New Hampshire man charged with running naked through a small Vermont village has agreed to undergo a mental competency evaluation.
Dylan Gingues, of Enfield, N.H., was arrested Thursday by Bellows Falls police for allegedly showing up naked at gas stations and convenience stores and near the Bellows Falls Central Elementary School, causing the school go into lockdown briefly.
At his arraignment Friday, Gingues first refused to enter a Brattleboro courtroom unless he could do so naked. But he ended up appearing in the courtroom in what appeared to be a police rain jacket.
The Eagle Times in Claremont, N.H., reports that Gingues is facing similar charges in Grafton County, N.H., for appearing naked in public.MORE IN This Just InBy Amy Ash Nixon Full StoryRICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 410 CE, Visigoths sack Rome and it isn't the first time, either; in 1859, Titusville, Pa., the first commercially viable oil well comes in; in 1918, the only World War I battle fought on U.S. soil in Nogales, Ariz. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott uploads data direct to your head: On this day in 410... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.