Judge orders streaker evaluationSeptember 02,2013Judge orders streaker evaluation
BRATTLEBORO — A 26-year-old New Hampshire man charged with running naked through a small Vermont village has agreed to undergo a mental competency evaluation.
Dylan Gingues, of Enfield, N.H., was arrested Thursday by Bellows Falls police for allegedly showing up naked at gas stations and convenience stores and near the Bellows Falls Central Elementary School, causing the school go into lockdown briefly.
At his arraignment Friday, Gingues first refused to enter a Brattleboro courtroom unless he could do so naked. But he ended up appearing in the courtroom in what appeared to be a police rain jacket.
The Eagle Times in Claremont, N.H., reports that Gingues is facing similar charges in Grafton County, N.H., for appearing naked in public.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.