Judge orders streaker evaluationSeptember 02,2013Judge orders streaker evaluation
BRATTLEBORO — A 26-year-old New Hampshire man charged with running naked through a small Vermont village has agreed to undergo a mental competency evaluation.
Dylan Gingues, of Enfield, N.H., was arrested Thursday by Bellows Falls police for allegedly showing up naked at gas stations and convenience stores and near the Bellows Falls Central Elementary School, causing the school go into lockdown briefly.
At his arraignment Friday, Gingues first refused to enter a Brattleboro courtroom unless he could do so naked. But he ended up appearing in the courtroom in what appeared to be a police rain jacket.
The Eagle Times in Claremont, N.H., reports that Gingues is facing similar charges in Grafton County, N.H., for appearing naked in public.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.