Judge orders streaker evaluationSeptember 02,2013Judge orders streaker evaluation
BRATTLEBORO — A 26-year-old New Hampshire man charged with running naked through a small Vermont village has agreed to undergo a mental competency evaluation.
Dylan Gingues, of Enfield, N.H., was arrested Thursday by Bellows Falls police for allegedly showing up naked at gas stations and convenience stores and near the Bellows Falls Central Elementary School, causing the school go into lockdown briefly.
At his arraignment Friday, Gingues first refused to enter a Brattleboro courtroom unless he could do so naked. But he ended up appearing in the courtroom in what appeared to be a police rain jacket.
The Eagle Times in Claremont, N.H., reports that Gingues is facing similar charges in Grafton County, N.H., for appearing naked in public.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.