Vt. teacher facing sex charges to change pleaThe Associated Press | September 06,2013BURLINGTON - A former Burlington high school Spanish teacher accused of having a sexual relationship with a student is expected to withdraw her not guilty plea.
Prosecutors told the Burlington Free Press that a proposed plea agreement is expected to be outlined at a hearing at 3 p.m. today in court in Chittenden County for Giovanna Yaranga.
The 44-year-old Yaranga had pleaded not guilty in May to four felony counts of sexual exploitation of a minor. She later pleaded not guilty to a charge of violating her conditions of release by contacting the student after a judge ordered her to stay away from the 17-year-old boy.
Yaranga was hired by the Burlington school district in August 1998.MORE IN This Just InRutland's Secret Santa has announced his presence for the season. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation