Veteran, founder of Purple Hearts Reunited, to speak Sept. 12 in BurlingtonSTAFF REPORT | September 09,2013BURLINGTON — The founder of Purple Hearts Reunited will speak to the Green Mountain chapter of the Air Force Association Sept. 12 at the Elks Club in Burlington.
Capt. Zachariah Fike was awarded the Purple Heart in September 2010 for injuries he received while deployed with the Vermont Army National Guard in Afghanistan.
The nonprofit that he established, Purple Hearts Reunited, works to locate lost or stolen military medals and return them to their rightful owners or families.
The meeting includes lunch at a cost of $12, payable at the door (cash only). Advanced luncheon registration is required and may be made by contacting John Roach by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 879-3713.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — Vermont kept its No. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.