Vt. man arrested in Massachusetts stabbingThe Associated Press | September 09,2013CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - A Vermont man is facing charges following a stabbing at a Cambridge park.
Police say they found the 20-year-old victim suffering from multiple stab wounds in JFK Park just before 9 p.m. Sunday.
The man was conscious and alert when he was found and transported to a Boston hospital.
His name was not released.
Witnesses told police the suspect approached the victim and muttered something before pulling out and knife and stabbing the victim. The victim's wounds are not considered life-threatening.
Based on witness descriptions of the suspect, police arrested 25-year-old Nicolas Baker of Guildford, Vt.
Baker is expected to be arraigned Monday on charges of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and malicious destruction of property. It was not clear if he had a lawyer.MORE IN This Just InWASHINGTON — Congress ran full-tilt into election-year gridlock over immigration Thursday and... Full StoryREADSBORO — A longtime feud between neighbors may have led to an incident last month during which... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.