Vt. man arrested in Massachusetts stabbingThe Associated Press | September 09,2013CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - A Vermont man is facing charges following a stabbing at a Cambridge park.
Police say they found the 20-year-old victim suffering from multiple stab wounds in JFK Park just before 9 p.m. Sunday.
The man was conscious and alert when he was found and transported to a Boston hospital.
His name was not released.
Witnesses told police the suspect approached the victim and muttered something before pulling out and knife and stabbing the victim. The victim's wounds are not considered life-threatening.
Based on witness descriptions of the suspect, police arrested 25-year-old Nicolas Baker of Guildford, Vt.
Baker is expected to be arraigned Monday on charges of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and malicious destruction of property. It was not clear if he had a lawyer.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.