Vt. man arrested in Massachusetts stabbingThe Associated Press | September 09,2013CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - A Vermont man is facing charges following a stabbing at a Cambridge park.
Police say they found the 20-year-old victim suffering from multiple stab wounds in JFK Park just before 9 p.m. Sunday.
The man was conscious and alert when he was found and transported to a Boston hospital.
His name was not released.
Witnesses told police the suspect approached the victim and muttered something before pulling out and knife and stabbing the victim. The victim's wounds are not considered life-threatening.
Based on witness descriptions of the suspect, police arrested 25-year-old Nicolas Baker of Guildford, Vt.
Baker is expected to be arraigned Monday on charges of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and malicious destruction of property. It was not clear if he had a lawyer.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.