Bicyclists hurt in crashSeptember 09,2013RIPTON — Police said a Massachusetts man on a motorcycle struck a pair of bicycle riders Sunday afternoon.
Police said David A. Green, 55, of Somerville, Mass., was riding west on Route 125 was with a group of motorcyclists when he entered a curve and lost control of his 2013 Victory Judge motorcycle.
According to police, Green laid down the bike and collided with a pair cyclists, who were also part of a larger group riding west.
Police said one of the bicyclists — Jake A. Barker, 19, of Steamboat Springs, Colo. — suffered cuts and a possible fracture to his hand. The other cyclist — Kai Wiggins, 19, of East Greenbush, R.I. — suffered some scrapes and was taken to Porter Medical Center, as was Green, who also suffered scrapes and bruising.
Police said speed contributed to the crash, which remains under investigation.MORE IN This Just InRep. Peter Fagan faces a challenge from James Candon. Full StoryMANCHESTER — Voters will have some choices among an incumbent, a returning veteran, and a few... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City aldermen discuss future of recreation department facilities, three bears killed in interstate crash, town school principal rewards students' good reading habits, fight at city jail sends a man to hospital.