SculptFest kicks off SaturdaySeptember 10,2013SculptFest kicks
WEST RUTLAND — SculptFest brings an examination of “historical markers” to the Carving Studio and Sculpture Center this weekend.
The center will hold an opening reception for the festival from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday. The festival runs through Oct. 27. The public is invited to view the installations and meet the artists at the event, which will also feature refreshments, live music and, at 7 p.m., the drawing for winners of the 2013 Fine Art Raffle.
Guest curator Phil Whitman of Barre selected nine sculptors to do work on the theme of historical markers, placing site-specific installations in the former quarry and manufacturing area.
For more information, please contact 438-2097 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?