Vermont man charged in stabbingSeptember 10,2013CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — A Vermont man is facing charges after allegedly stabbing a stranger at a Cambridge park.
Police said they found the 20-year-old victim suffering from multiple stab wounds in JFK Park just before 9 p.m. Sunday.
The man was conscious and alert and transported to a Boston hospital.
His name was not released.
Witnesses told police the suspect approached the victim and muttered something about “being robbed in Oregon” before stabbing the victim. His wounds are not considered life-threatening.
Based on witness descriptions, police arrested 25-year-old Nicolas Baker of Guilford, Vt.
Baker is facing charges of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and malicious destruction of property.MORE IN This Just InBy Erin Mansfield Full StoryThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.