Museum to feature botanical displaysSeptember 10,2013NORWICH ó Art and plant lovers should be thinking about a visit to Vermontís Montshire Museum of Science in the coming weeks.
Starting this weekend, the museum in Norwich will be presenting the first traveling exhibition of The New England Society of Botanical Artists.
The juried exhibition of more than 60 plant portraits is designed to promote public appreciation of the art and science of botanical art and illustration and to celebrate the diversity and beauty of plants from our own backyards.
The museum said New England is home to more than 3,500 species of plants, of which about 400 are endangered.
The show runs from Sept. 14 to Dec. 1.MORE IN This Just InThe man charged in a hit-and-run crash that killed a pedestrian in Killington early Sunday... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation