Poultney man hurt in crashSeptember 12,2013Poultney man
injured in crash
RUPERT ó A Poultney man was hurt in a crash on Route 30 Wednesday morning, according to Vermont State Police.
Police said Benjamin B. Hunter, 20, was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center with a cut on his head after driving off the southbound lane, colliding with a guardrail and hitting a large tree at 6:40 a.m.
Police said Hunterís car, a 2013 Toyota Corolla, sustained extensive damage to the front and sides and that they were still investigating whether another vehicle was involved.
Hunter was not wearing a seat belt, police said, and his car was a total loss.
Anyone with information on the crash is asked to call state police at 422-5421.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.