Vt. man found hours after missing from farmThe Associated Press | September 13,2013BENSON - A Vermont man has been found after he went missing for nearly 10 hours from the family farm in Benson.
Family members reported 72-year-old Neal Bartholomew had been missing since about 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
Members of the Vermont State Police, Fish and Wildlife Department, and volunteers from fire departments in Benson, West Haven, Fair Haven and Orwell searched for Bartholomew.
He was found a little after 4 a.m. Friday in a wooded area off of East Road and was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center as a precaution. It wasn't immediately known how he became lost.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.