Two men facing charges after Rutland arrestSeptember 13,2013Two arrested after
man found hiding
Two men are facing criminal charges after police executed a search warrant on Engrem Avenue around 3 p.m. Thursday, according to Senior Trooper Henry Alberico of the Vermont State Police.
In a press release, Alberico said officers with the Rutland City Police Department and the Vermont State Police went to a home on Engrem Avenue in Rutland to locate Ruben R. Pacheco.
Police said Pacheco, 32, of Fair Haven, was the subject of an active warrant for assault and robbery and possession of heroin.
While attempting to locate Pacheco police spoke with Thomas M. Notte. Alberico said Notte, 30, of Rutland, gave troopers false information about Pacheco’s location and tried to hide Pacheco inside his home, which is also on Engrem Avenue.
Notte was arrested at the scene after Pacheco was found hiding in a closet inside of Notte’s home.
Both Pacheco, who was held on $50,000 bail, and Notte, who was held on $25,000 bail, were lodged at the Rutland jail. Both men are scheduled to be arraigned today in Rutland criminal court.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.