Two men facing charges after Rutland arrestSeptember 13,2013Two arrested after
man found hiding
Two men are facing criminal charges after police executed a search warrant on Engrem Avenue around 3 p.m. Thursday, according to Senior Trooper Henry Alberico of the Vermont State Police.
In a press release, Alberico said officers with the Rutland City Police Department and the Vermont State Police went to a home on Engrem Avenue in Rutland to locate Ruben R. Pacheco.
Police said Pacheco, 32, of Fair Haven, was the subject of an active warrant for assault and robbery and possession of heroin.
While attempting to locate Pacheco police spoke with Thomas M. Notte. Alberico said Notte, 30, of Rutland, gave troopers false information about Pacheco’s location and tried to hide Pacheco inside his home, which is also on Engrem Avenue.
Notte was arrested at the scene after Pacheco was found hiding in a closet inside of Notte’s home.
Both Pacheco, who was held on $50,000 bail, and Notte, who was held on $25,000 bail, were lodged at the Rutland jail. Both men are scheduled to be arraigned today in Rutland criminal court.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.