Two men facing charges after Rutland arrestSeptember 13,2013Two arrested after
man found hiding
Two men are facing criminal charges after police executed a search warrant on Engrem Avenue around 3 p.m. Thursday, according to Senior Trooper Henry Alberico of the Vermont State Police.
In a press release, Alberico said officers with the Rutland City Police Department and the Vermont State Police went to a home on Engrem Avenue in Rutland to locate Ruben R. Pacheco.
Police said Pacheco, 32, of Fair Haven, was the subject of an active warrant for assault and robbery and possession of heroin.
While attempting to locate Pacheco police spoke with Thomas M. Notte. Alberico said Notte, 30, of Rutland, gave troopers false information about Pacheco’s location and tried to hide Pacheco inside his home, which is also on Engrem Avenue.
Notte was arrested at the scene after Pacheco was found hiding in a closet inside of Notte’s home.
Both Pacheco, who was held on $50,000 bail, and Notte, who was held on $25,000 bail, were lodged at the Rutland jail. Both men are scheduled to be arraigned today in Rutland criminal court.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.