Man denies trespass chargeSeptember 13,2013Local man denies
a trespass charge
A Castleton man with a burglary conviction denied breaking into his grandfather’s home.
Christopher Dodge, 24, returned to Rutland jail after pleading innocent Thursday in Rutland criminal court to a felony charge of unlawful trespass.
Police said Dodge was found in the Castleton home of his grandfather in June. Affidavits state the grandfather had left the home and asked another grandson to watch the place because he feared Dodge would rob the place.
The grandson found Dodge in the house and called police, affidavits said. Dodge was on probation after serving one year in prison following a conviction for burglarizing a different Castleton home in 2011, records show.
Immediately after the June incident, Dodge’s probation officer ordered a drug test. Dodge tested positive for cocaine, heroin and marijuana and he was jailed, records state.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — The state Public Service Board has ordered Vermont Gas Systems to stop digging... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.