Man denies trespass chargeSeptember 13,2013Local man denies
a trespass charge
A Castleton man with a burglary conviction denied breaking into his grandfather’s home.
Christopher Dodge, 24, returned to Rutland jail after pleading innocent Thursday in Rutland criminal court to a felony charge of unlawful trespass.
Police said Dodge was found in the Castleton home of his grandfather in June. Affidavits state the grandfather had left the home and asked another grandson to watch the place because he feared Dodge would rob the place.
The grandson found Dodge in the house and called police, affidavits said. Dodge was on probation after serving one year in prison following a conviction for burglarizing a different Castleton home in 2011, records show.
Immediately after the June incident, Dodge’s probation officer ordered a drug test. Dodge tested positive for cocaine, heroin and marijuana and he was jailed, records state.MORE IN This Just InPITTSFORD – The Select Board meets tonight at 6:30 to hear a presentation by Green Lantern... Full StoryTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.