Man denies trespass chargeSeptember 13,2013Local man denies
a trespass charge
A Castleton man with a burglary conviction denied breaking into his grandfather’s home.
Christopher Dodge, 24, returned to Rutland jail after pleading innocent Thursday in Rutland criminal court to a felony charge of unlawful trespass.
Police said Dodge was found in the Castleton home of his grandfather in June. Affidavits state the grandfather had left the home and asked another grandson to watch the place because he feared Dodge would rob the place.
The grandson found Dodge in the house and called police, affidavits said. Dodge was on probation after serving one year in prison following a conviction for burglarizing a different Castleton home in 2011, records show.
Immediately after the June incident, Dodge’s probation officer ordered a drug test. Dodge tested positive for cocaine, heroin and marijuana and he was jailed, records state.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.