Man denies trespass chargeSeptember 13,2013Local man denies
a trespass charge
A Castleton man with a burglary conviction denied breaking into his grandfather’s home.
Christopher Dodge, 24, returned to Rutland jail after pleading innocent Thursday in Rutland criminal court to a felony charge of unlawful trespass.
Police said Dodge was found in the Castleton home of his grandfather in June. Affidavits state the grandfather had left the home and asked another grandson to watch the place because he feared Dodge would rob the place.
The grandson found Dodge in the house and called police, affidavits said. Dodge was on probation after serving one year in prison following a conviction for burglarizing a different Castleton home in 2011, records show.
Immediately after the June incident, Dodge’s probation officer ordered a drug test. Dodge tested positive for cocaine, heroin and marijuana and he was jailed, records state.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.