Man charged with
driving 116 mph
WILLISTON ó A 22-year-old Vermont man is facing charges after police say they clocked him driving 116 mph.
State police said a trooper using radar caught Jason Clairmont of Williston driving at the high rate of speed on Interstate 89 in Williston shortly after 1 a.m. Sunday. The posted speed limit is 65 mph.
Police charged Clairmont for excessive speed as well as drunken driving for allegedly having a blood-alcohol content above the legal limit of 0.08 percent.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation