Long Trail foot bridge to take shape in Vt.The Associated Press | September 16,2013BOLTON - Work is going to start on a foot bridge for the Long Trail, the long-distance hiking trail in Vermont.
The Green Mountain Club and Gov. Peter Shumlin are participating in a groundbreaking ceremony in Bolton this afternoon.
Former Gov. Howard Dean also is attending.
The club has sought to establish a safe, appropriate and permanent route for the Long Trail over the Winooski River in Bolton since 1912, when it established the first stretch of the trail from Mount Mansfield to the river.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation